I’ve one sole effort so far but more are coming. I’ve contributed to several more.
SEX! DRUGS! FEMINISM!
THE FURTHER FATTENING ADVENTURES of PUDGE GIRL BLIMP
B & W interiors • color cover • 7″X10″ • 140 pages•$20.00 US • MarrsBooks
• For Mature Readers
Teenage runaway plumpie Pudge hitchhikes to San Francisco in the early 1970s with a dread secret: she is still a virgin. Desperate to solve her dilemma, she launches into the vibrant circus of urban life – street protests, self-help clinics, burglary, job hunting and midnight pizzas. A feminist journey fraught with angst and anchovies.
When I opened this collection I was prepared for a herstory lesson, or a trip down memory lane. But instead I encountered a radiant and utterly contemporary character—a disheveled yet sensual young woman, outwardly confused but inwardly poised, an instinctive feminist out hustling for a job, experimenting with drugs, but mainly just trying to get laid. Step aside, Lena Dunham, Amy Schumer, and Broad City. Pudge, Girl Blimp paved the way for all of you.
– ALISON BECHDEL, author of Fun Home and Dykes To Watch Out For, recipient of the Eisner Award and the 2014 MacArthur “Genius” Award.
From the Foreword:
At last, a funny, funky, durable complex heroine who is constantly taking a fresh and satirical look at an aspect of life that is sacred to someone. Lee Marrs has given us something that usually comes only in the best novels: a funny, tragic, personal, universal, fantasized, minutely realistic view of life that sends us on our way with a much bigger and better understanding of our own lives and the possibilities around us.
– GLORIA STEINEM, feminist icon, co-founder of Ms. Magazine,co-founder of the Women’s Media Center and former sticky sweet bun addict.
Leave cash in a yellow envelope under the Tallahassee Bridge…uh…or the following
- Individual copies_____________________$20.00 + shipping $6.00 = $26.00
- Use PayPal – Lee Marrs
- Bookstores, conferences, dive bars____50%discount (min. 5 copies + shipping $8.00)
- Contact Lee@leemarrs.com. with subject heading “Pudge Sales”